ISOQuest Release Notes Ver 220.127.116.11 - Changes
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:44:21 AM
- The external notifiers field is now available for selection in the Issued documents views. Note: based on SharePoint design, multi-value fields cannot be sorted. We have included this field for display with the capability for “filtering” only with the sorting disabled.
- The search behavior is improved. Changes were made so that the enter key will execute the search function. In earlier versions, users were required to hit the “search button/magnifier glass”. This improvement was identified by some users who are not familiar with the “magnifier glass” as a standard for search operations.
- The approval workflow task has been improved with a re-label of the [Edit] button. It has been relabeled to as [Approve/Reject]. This simple change has resulted in an improvement in user acceptance.
- Earlier versions did not allow the deletion of archived documents by Site Owners. This activity was reserved for the Site Collection Administrators. Now, site owners can perform this function.
- Earlier, a new capability was introduced with respect to Export Compliance Restriction – re: reader access to documents. Now, when enabled at the site settings level, a default can be set up for new draft documents.
- Fixed issue related to [Save and Request Approval]. It was only showing in the bottom of the edit form for draft documents.
- Fixed issue related with “Visio files displayed abnormal behavior when the pdf settings are enabled”. This is related to the document rendering functionality and is now resolved.
- An issue is fixed related with “when a new version of document is uploaded over existing draft or issued document and file renaming option is enabled”.
- A significant improvement has been made with respect to the idea of Intersite Training. Scenario: In a multi-site deployment, consider the following requirement. Site 1 has documents, courses including tests where employees in sites 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 etc need to be trained thru the Site 1 system and possibly vice-versa. In the simple case of this design, the corporate site may have training needs that drive out to all sites of the Corporation. Earlier versions of PeopleQuest did not have a means to handle this particular need. The design changes to PeopleQuest handles this requirement elegantly. For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Several changes to the test management in PeopleQuest were implemented – including changes to tests creation, editing and taking assignments, better handling of open questions, short answer questions and changes to the user interface and security
- Added new flags in personnel records – status (active, archived, obsolete) and on leave, added changes to logic and controls (pages and pickers) regarding these flags. For example: only active personnel who are not on leave receive reminder mails for training.
In order to maximize speed of operations, several design changes have been implemented for ProjectQuest:
- The system controls for ProjectQuest have now been separated into its own list. This has been implemented to “accommodate” a design issue in SharePoint. This effort will be extended to all modules – DocuQuest, PeopleQuest etc. In future releases Ver 7,8 etc, you will see implementation of this idea for all the modules
- Removed many-to-many links between project categories and task templates. Tasks are now created for a single category
- A new feature called Functional Responsibility has been added. Consult with firstname.lastname@example.org how this can be used to better manage project task assignments.
- Deletion of a project category in system controls now deletes the template tasks in system controls.
- Phases are removed as separate type and they are not considered as a “task type” – with due dates, responsibility etc
- Project management capabilities such as auto scheduling and dependences are now included – see this document for further details - Click here
- Two Key dates has been included for better project management. In some organizations, key date 1 can be set to = PPAP Submission date and Key date 2 can be set to = Start of Production ( SOP). Several items of automation are computed around these dates. For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Deletion of project plan now deletes the tasks in the project
- Better project team management by using the Functional responsibility feature.
- Complete rewritten Gantt charts – better UI, filtering, collapse/expand, export to xls
- Better top management, project managers views including phase summary view, projects overview view , summary charts and several new views in project tasks list
- Added auto scheduling logic of project and project tasks, automatic calculation of percent complete for projects and related phases
- Added task dependencies for project tasks - allowing tasks to start after the dependent tasks are completed.
New Product Releases
SafetyQuest Release 1 to select clients. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in our initial release.
PRRQuest Release 1 – beta period will be over by July 30. Release 2 is scheduled to be included in ISOQuest Ver 18.104.22.168. Contact email@example.com for further information.
If you have any queries or require training in any of the changes to the system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The GQI Group
Gen 4 Dev Team.